Academia and Industry are two different worlds which operate on different pedestals. Both have different purposes and different ideologies. Being so different from each other, these two worlds are still somehow interconnected.
The aspiring graduates’ dreams to land on their desired industry right after accomplishing their Higher Education.Hence it is clear that, for the Indian Economy to develop it is particularly important that the Indian Education Sector evolves as well.
Eduvoice.in is working towards the possibility of flourishing Indian Higher Education System into a World Class Education System with the help of Community Power.
A Look at the near future
Indian Education System: Global Manpower Generator
As per the recent statistics, the education sector in India is poised to witness major growth in the years to come as India will have world’s largest tertiary-age population and second largest graduate talent pipeline globally.
- India’s economy is also expected to grow at a fast pace; rapid industrialization would require a gross incremental workforce of ~250 million by 2030.
- Many Indians are hired at prominent positions in International Organizations and even world economy will also be relying on India for workforce
Issues present in Indian Higher Education System
However, despite these encouraging statistics, there are still a number of issues that are still present in the India Higher Education System. These issues can be classified under four verticals, namely:
- Mindset: Education is for degree not for learning & Indian students are opting for streams which have higher pay scale & are not the one as per their interest.
- Curriculum & Teaching Methodology:
- Higher Education curriculum and is not in accordance with the industrial demands & the current education system focuses on theory rather than practical thinking.
- College Academicians are not aware about the latest teaching methodology. If they are aware then they do not have proper resources to avail the benefits of these methodologies
- Current System emphasizes on exams, studies and ratification, there is no room for extracurricular, research and innovation.
- Teaching as a profession in India
- A majority of the people don’t want to step into a role of professors due to lack of respect and monetary benefits. Eventually the individuals who don’t have anything to do, they step into this field.
- Education becoming a Business: Education Institutions should be non-profit organizations but in India education is generating good money. Business minds are now moving towards education.
- Issues faced by College Stakeholders: College or University stakeholders are facing problems in running the colleges/university due to regular updates and changes in the government policy.
Predictable Future, ifthings remain the same
From the above facts, it is clear that if the current situation sustains in the Indian Higher Education then:
- Larger number of unskilled students who lack creativity will get graduated, which will ultimately lead to increase in unemployment rates.
- The Indian Higher Education sector will gradually convert into a Business domain due to which the students will ultimately buy their degrees instead of earning them
- Indian Universities would never be able to become a part of top 100 universities.
- The expected growth of the Indian Economy will get hindered and there will be a demand and supply gap created between the Industry and Education Sector
How Eduvoice came Into Being?
Evaluating the current scenario and answering the urgent call for change Mrs. Sujata Mehta (Founder & Editor in Chief) established Eduvoice with a vision to flourish Indian Education system with the help community.
Mrs. Mehta strongly believes that resolving such an issue is not a one man job and neither can a small group of people can accomplish it. Therefore, Sujata with the help of Eduvoice took this initiative on a community level and started collaborating with the mentors/advisers and executives.
How does Eduvoice works?
- Identifying the Issue: Eduvoice with its various initiatives is trying to reach out to administrators, academicians and corporate in order to highlight the different burning problems/issues in the current Indian Higher Education System.
- Look for a Mentor: The organization identifies advisors and mentors who have solved these issues/problems in their career and reach out to them to share their learning and experience to the community.
- Resolve the Issue: Eduvoice further takes this voice ahead to the critical masses – majorly consisting of the stakeholders of higher education institutes with the help of its article, videos, webinars, talks, conferences, FDPs & consultancy services.
Eduvoice appreciatesits mentors or advisors for their groundbreaking work by featuring them on its website under three categories:
- Administrator Panel
- Academic Panel
- Corporate Panel
Our Target Audience/Beneficiaries
- Academicians of the Higher Education Institutions
- Administrators of the Higher Education Institutions
- Educationists – People who are working independently or in collaboration with corporates for Higher Education
- Government Officials involved in making Education Policies
- NGOs and NPOs who are actively working for the betterment of Education Sector
How Eduvoice reaches to masses?
- Online Mode
- Reaching Out: We reach out to leaders of both Academic and Corporate domains through our initiatives.
- Discussion: The team conducts an interview with the dignitary and get a few questions answered related to issues present in the Indian Education System.
- Spreading views: The interview is published over Eduvoice website and social media channels and the opinion of the dignitary is taken out to the masses.
- Offline Mode
- Open an Eduvoice Chapter: To reach out to the masses, we will open Eduvoice Chapter in your colleges/university. The purpose of this chapter will be to resolve the burning issues present in the Indian Higher Education System.
- Start Organizing Events: Eduvoice Chapter organizes exciting events for the academic and administrative fraternity so that they can interact with like minds and can have a fruitful discussion over these burning issues.
- Event Promotion: Promoting the Chapter’s events through the Eduvoice Platform to reach out to larger masses and making them aware
Eduvoice startsachieving its Vision
We will reach out to people at grassroot level with the solutions of the problem in the Higher Education and transformation will start happening
Building a Committee for Transformation
To enhance and develop its network and approach, Eduvoice formulated its very own Executive Committee in the year 2020. The committee consists of individuals from across the nation who are highly inclined towards flourishing the Indian Higher Education System into a World Class Education System.
The Executive Committee functions in various parts of the nation and assists Eduvoice in reaching out:
- To a larger number of mentors or advisors
- To various institutions for opening the Eduvoice Chapters
Ultimately the Executive Committee will enlighten and educate the people about this movement and will reach out to like minds who can assist the organization in achieving the greater good.
Eduvoice Services and Offerings
The organisation is actively working to transform the Indian Higher Education System by assisting various colleges and universities by its services and offerings.
- To bring about an active change the company offers the following services:
- Consultancy Services
- Faculty Development Programs
- Webinars or Talks
- To make this movement a lot bigger and better Eduvoice:
- Offer Jobs
- Conduct Events
- Publish Magazine
Become a Part of the Change
Founder & CEO – Sujata Mehta looks forward to build a larger and stronger network of vocally active members in Eduvoice.
Eduvoice will always appreciate if anyone wants to become a part of this community may it be in the form of Executive Committee Member, Member of Advisory board or as an Investor.