Why your PPC and SEO teams should work together? 8-reasons why!
Cue: It is good for your business!
What is SEO?
According to Google, “Search engine optimization (SEO) is often about making small modifications to parts of your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a noticeable impact on your site’s user experience and performance in organic search results. You’re likely already familiar with many of the topics in thisguide because they’re essential ingredients for any web page, but you may not be making the most out of them.”
What is PPC?
Google describes PPC as
“Google Ads (formerly Google AdWords and Google AdWords Express) is an online advertising solution that businesses use to promote their products and services on Google Search, YouTube and other sites across the web. Google Ads also allows advertisers to choose specific goals for their ads, like driving phone calls or website visits. With a Google Ads account, advertisers can customise their budgets and targeting, and start or stop their ads at any time.”
PPC is a paid strategy where a decision maker has to establish the budget beforehand. Such ads can be seen on Google AdWords, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and web pages. However, the budget can be altered depending upon the performance of the keywords or even stopped amidst the campaign.
SEO, however, mainly consists of on-page optimisation through content, metadata and keywords. It is a long-term strategy and it can take months before you see its results.
However, they need to work together to see an increase in CTRs, paid clicks, organic visits and conversion!
Why your PPC and SEO should be in sync?
PPC and SEO is a marriage made in heaven! Even the Google algorithm agrees! After the removal of keyword-level data in Analytics by Google, it was the PPC that helped SEO to figure out the keywords that matter and actually work. By running a PPC campaign along with SEO, AdWords and Analytics can work in unison and give you data to make an informed decision. If your SEO and PPC teams are two different teams and separated by thick walls, it is time to knock them down and open the doors to unlimited possibilities their togetherness can bring to your business!
- PPC can be used to target keywords that are otherwise difficult to rank organically. One can find out the keywords that get the most number of clicks and bring more customers to the website. Based on this, you can use keywords to drive clicks and organic traffic.
- PPC can help to paint the picture and put the spotlight on the right keywords. If the competition is worse and you aren’t sure of which keywords should you be highlighting, it is advised to run a PPC campaign before you start optimizing the keywords for SEO.
- Both of these digital marketing tactics work to increase the traffic to the website and aid to the sales. The methods are different and while PPC proves to be a tad expensive than SEO but it is totally worth it. In synergy, they can meet your sales target faster and more easily.
- When your SEO and PPC teams are talking, not only you have a free flow of communication but you save resources also. There is one stream of keyword research, single output for content stream and lesser time consumption to identify the keywords that work along with setting down the targeted demographics. The long tail keywords and voice keywords can be quite tricky to track down and these two teams can reduce the time.
- Since PPC ads are hosted on an array of social media platforms, they enhance your visibility while reaching out to a number of people. If your services and products are up to the mark, word-of-mouth can enhance your sales like a miracle!
- Combining SEO and PPC means extended exposure on the SERPs. Since one out of three results on a search is a paid one, it makes even more sense to have them working together!
- Usually, companies start ignoring the paid searches when they start ranking organically. However, given how aggressive paid search has become, it makes even more sense to get them working together.
- Through PPC and SEO, you can empathically reach out to your customer and establish a great digital presence by being present when they search for competitive keywords.
So, now you know why your SEO and PPC should be sitting together, attending the workshops together and working out a digital marketing strategy for your brand! If you have any questions or you need help to chalk out one, we are just a click away!